- Chris Jeffs - Northumbria University, UK
Strategic Management & Business Policy (General)
Designed to compliment existing strategy textbooks, the Companion provides:
- Quick and easy access to the key themes in strategic management
- Tips on how to effectively use theory and avoid common errors
- Typical examination questions, with outline approaches to the answers
- 'Taking it Further' sections that provide a critical discussion of the theory and its applicability to business situations
- A glossary of strategic management terminology
- A textbook guide directing the reader to additional supporting material
The Sage Course Companion on Strategic Management is much more than a revision guide for undergraduates; it is an essential tool that will help readers take their understanding to new levels and help them achieve success in their course. Postgraduate students and those taking professional courses will also find this book acts a us.
A well written, easy to use book, designed for students to compliment their own studies. Highly recommended reading.
Main Book for strategy class.
A greta resource for the thrid year module
Chris Jeffs approach to strategic management is like a breath of fresh air through the subject. Gone are pages of lengthy debate found in so many other texts and they have been replaced by succinct appraisals and applications of the theory, practical advice and guidance and troubleshooting tips.
While the author acknowledges existing research and assists the student in expanding their knowledge through sections such as 'Taking it Further' and guidance on examination questions, the tips on application including common errors are invaluable.
This is a student centred text written from (and for) the perspective of an experienced lecturer and is a must read for all strategic management courses.
The book is ideal for starters to gain an overview of the field of strategic management. However, it cannot replace a regular textbook.