Leaving China to study in the UK for the first time can be a daunting experience. You will be entering a new country and education system with its own culture, customs and values, some of which will be totally different from those back home. You will need to acquaint yourself with these differences to achieve your goals while studying in the UK and make the most of your stay. You may be finding it difficult to find this information, you may even be feeling anxious about the move or struggling to fit into your new environment.
Help is at hand!
This easy-to-read book is designed to be your companion throughout your university studies in the UK, providing practical information and skills and strategies for success. This guide:
- Introduces you to many life skills needed to support your studies in the UK, such as food, socialising and local amenities
- Contains information regarding UK assessment, lectures, seminars, campus life and support available from faculty
- Covers language and comprehension skills to help you communicate in your work and in the classroom with peers
- Explains the main differences between Eastern and Western thinking and culture
- Includes research skills and strategies for dissertations, essays and exams.
Other useful features:
- Xiangping has included study tips in Chinese to help you fully understand each chapter
- Key words in each chapter are also provided in Chinese, alongside a test on the topic
- Hear from other Chinese students about their own experiences studying in the UK.
This essential guide will help you to flourish in your UK studies and enjoy yourself along the way!
The Student Success series are essential guides for students of all levels. From how to think critically and write great essays to planning your dream career, the Student Success series helps you study smarter and get the best from your time at university.
Visit the SAGE Study Skills hub for tips, resources and videos on study success!