The Autism Inclusion Toolkit
Training Materials and Facilitator Notes
- Maggie Bowen - Autism Cymru
- Lynn Plimley - Autism Cymru
Autism | Autistic Spectrum Disorders | Inclusive Education
A growing number of pupils with Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASDs) are educated in mainstream settings. To support them effectively and maximise their learning potential, it is essential that all school staff fully understand their needs.
This complete training package can be delivered during staff meetings and on INSET days, to ensure autism-friendly practice throughout the school.
This toolkit demonstrates the value of using self-evaluation tools to improve services and includes:
- a CD Rom with PowerPoint slides
- guidance on how best to deliver INSET
- activities and case studies to facilitate discussion
- discussions of issues for consideration in relation to School Access Plans and the Disability Equality Duty
- advice on useful resources, literature and web sites.
Teachers, SENCOs and management staff in primary and secondary schools will find this an essential training resource.