This new fourth edition of The Early Years Foundation Stage is fully updated to bring it in line with key changes in the revised EYFS.
What is included?
- A brand-new chapter on Reflective Practice
- Completely new content in fully revised chapters on Play; Pedagogical Documentation; Communication and Language; Literacy; Mathematics; Understanding the World; and Children’s Health and Wellbeing
- New coverage of Baseline Assessment
- New and updated case studies throughout the book
- ‘Taking it Outside’ examples
- New coverage of self-regulation
This best-selling, market leading textbook provides students with a comprehensive and critical look at the EYFS curriculum. Encouraging students to look at the theory and policy context behind the EYFS, it helps them to relate it to their practice across all areas of the EYFS through case studies and examples, points for discussion, reflective tasks and further reading.
Ioanna Palaiologou is an Academic Associate at the UCL Institute of Education. She is also a Chartered Psychologist with the British Psychological Society, with a specialism in child development and learning theories