“This textbook explains the ideas, institutions, and interests that form American government and politics through historical evolution and contemporary debates. It engages students with clear writing and informative visuals and provides a comprehensive overview of the American political system.”
—Meena Bose, Hofstra University
The Enduring Democracy examines the current state of American politics through the lenses of American history and the nation’s changing demographics. This two-pronged approach encourages students to place current issues and controversies into historical perspective, and to think critically about how those issues and controversies are impacted by America’s increasingly diverse population. By analyzing and understanding the influences of historical context and demographics, students can debate effectively with references, use historical outcomes to predict for the future, and create strong arguments based on what they know about fundamental changes in the political landscape. The highly anticipated Sixth Edition frames the 2016 general election and 2018 midterm elections from the perspective of what they mean to college students, so that they can see the relevance of American government in their daily lives.
Hear author David Yalof talk about key features in the book. Watch now!
A Complete Teaching & Learning Package
SAGE Vantage Digital Option
Engage, Learn, Soar with SAGE Vantage, an intuitive digital platform that delivers American Democracy in Context, Sixth Edition textbook content in a learning experience carefully designed to ignite student engagement and drive critical thinking. Built with you and your students in mind, it offers easy course set-up and enables students to better prepare for class. Contact your rep to learn more.
SAGE Premium Video
Included in SAGE Vantage! SAGE Premium Video tools and resources boost comprehension and bolster analysis. Preview a video on voter turnout.
FREE! Easily import high-quality content into your school’s learning management system (LMS) and save time. Learn more.
FREE online resources for students that make learning easier. See how your students benefit.
SAGE course outcomes: Measure Results, Track Success
Outlined in your text and mapped to chapter learning objectives, SAGE course outcomes are crafted with specific course outcomes in mind and vetted by advisors in the field. See how SAGE course outcomes tie in with this book’s chapter-level objectives at https://edge.sagepub.com/dautrich6e.
SAGE EDGE FOR STUDENTS enhances learning, it’s easy to use, and offers:
- an open-access site that makes it easy for students to maximize their study time, anywhere, anytime
- Flashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts
- mobile-friendly practice quizzes that allow students to assess how much they’ve learned and where they need to focus their attention
Instructor Teaching Site
SAGE COURSEPACKS FOR INSTRUCTORS makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s learning management system (LMS)*. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
- required access codes
- learning a new system
Say YES to…
- using only the content you want and need
- high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
*For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE Edge.
SAGE Coursepacks includes:
- Our content delivered directly into your LMS
- Intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort
- Assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, and offer a more complete way to measure student engagement, including:
- Chapter quizzes that identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
- Test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy that provide a diverse range of test items
- Activity and quiz options that allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want
- Instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch but you can customize to your exact needs
- Instructor manual for each chapter that includes a chapter summary, outline, multimedia links, discussion questions, and in-class activities
- Sample course syllabi with suggested models for structuring your course that give you options to customize your course in a way that is perfect for you
- All tables and figures from the textbook