- Professor Pal Ahluwalia, Goldsmiths, University of London
What is postcolonial studies? What are its achievements, strengths and weaknesses? This ground breaking book offers an essential guide to one of the most important issues of our time, with special emphasis on neo-liberalism within world poverty and the 'third world'. It clarifies:
- The territory of postcolonial studies
- How identity and postcolonialism relate
- The ties between postcolonialism and modernity
- New perspectives in the light of recent geo-political events
- Potential future developments in the subject.