Shaped by the National Curriculum, this text explains key scientific theories and concepts which pupils at primary level, including very able children, need in order to understand the observations and investigations they undertake. A CD ROM of 200 science investigations for young students is included with the new edition, allowing teachers to explore the practical application of topics covered in the book.
This is an essential book for teachers, student teachers and anyone interested in the roots and growth of science education.
New to the 3rd edition:
- A new author, Peter Ovens, on board
- More links to children's everyday experiences
- A CD Rom of 200 science experiments
- More student-friendly layout
- Additional illustrations and photographs