'Written in an authoritative and accessible style, this is a must-read for anyone planning, researching and writing a doctoral thesis or dissertation. I will certainly be recommending this book to my research students.'
- Professor Goeffrey Elliott, University of Worcester
'Paul's book was a lifeline during my doctorate: it is now the first book that I recommend for my research students! His book is easily accessible, full of practical advice, and provides useful study strategies to carefully guide you - this third edition is a valuable asset wherever you are on your doctoral journey.'
- Dr Scott Buckler, University of Worcester
Based on his extensive experience as a successful thesis supervisor, Paul Oliver shows you how to turn your notes and data into a finished Masters or PhD thesis or dissertation.
Fully up-to-date with current HEFCE/other EU requirements, the book sets out a template for you to follow, including planning and preparation, theoretical perspectives, publishing preliminary findings, and preparing for the viva.
This edition contains:
- Examples of common mistakes and how you can avoid them
- Discussions of artefacts such as creative work
- Research-focused content
- A section on the relationship with your supervisor
- Information on online and digital work, so you are up to date with the latest developments in thesis writing.
The Student Success series are essential guides for students of all levels. From how to think critically and write great essays to planning your dream career, the Student Success series helps you study smarter and get the best from your time at university. Visit the SAGE Study Skills hub for tips and resources for study success!
Visit the SAGE Study Skills hub for tips, resources and videos on study success!