Your Super Quick Guide to Learning Online
- Janet E. Salmons - Free-range Scholar, Vision2Lead and Research Community Manager at SAGE MethodSpace
Online Learning & Distance Education | Specific Study Skills (General) | Study Skills (UG)
Learn how to successfully adapt to online remote learning with this super quick guide. Packed with pragmatic, applied tips on how to adjust to a digital learning experience, this handy resource will instil you with the confidence and know-how needed to succeed.
- Set up an effective workplace and stay motivated
- Work well with tutors and get the support you need
- Get the most out of different forms of learning, from lectures to field work
- Make the best use of materials, such as online databases and open-access content.
- Collaborate effectively with peers and create your best work.
An invaluable guide to get you through university cool, calm and in control!
Ahead of the publication of Your Super Quick Guide to Learning Online, methods guru Janet Salmons shares her top ten tips for learning online. Get a sneak preview here!
I think this is a very useful source as part of a read it list to help students develop study skills for Lea in HE. However, with the decision made to move back to as much F2F learning as possible, this can only be a recommendation as part of this list. I found it really useful as an educator too.
As the title says "quick introduction". Easy reading, first impressions about online learning.
The resource was shared amongst colleagues during the pandemic
Suggest that this is a strong guide for all students to read, review and adopt. Now more than ever!
Applicable to all students on all courses
I recommend the book for students visiting my courses to adjust to learning online
Good sections on using and understanding feedback and the importance of working with peers.