About the Authors
About the Contributing Authors
Part I. Get Ready for Your Transition to the Workplace
1. Meet the New Workplace Realities (and Your Paperback Mentors)
2. Yes! You Can Succeed in Life With a Bachelor's Degree
3. Make the Most of Your Opportunities--Now!
Part II. Know Thyself--Better!
4. What Is the Secret of Excellent Career Planning? (by Camille Helkowski)
5. Your Journey Through Psychosocial Development Continues Long After Graduation
6. Know the Skills You Need to Succeed (Course Content Is No Longer the Focus)
7. Jump-Start Your Job Search (by John Jameson)
Part III. Onboarding to Work
8. Why Are Attitudes, Motivation, and Work Centrality Important?
9. Your First Real Job? It's Primarily About Communicating
10. Avoid False Expectations: Onboarding and Your First 90 Days
Part IV. I Graduated and Got a Job: What's Next?
11. Your Personal Life Changes After College (by Abby [Wilner] Miller)
12. From Know Thyself to Manage Thyself
13. Prime Yourself for More Transitions
14. What Lies Ahead?